Friday, March 26, 2010

Greg Reyes - Possessing a Good Character in Doing the Right Things

I write this letter as a son, a husband, and a father of three great children. My wife and I participate in many charities, primarily focused on helping abused or under-privileged children, and abused or sexually assaulted mothers. We also raise bison in Colorado and annually donate bison to Native American tribes that are interested in re-starting a bison herd. I also write this letter as a 22 year veteran and Executive in the high-technology industry.

Greg Reyes and I met roughly three years ago. I have known of Greg and have worked for a business partner of Brocade for the past nine years. We share many of the same friends and I was introduced to Greg socially by one of these mutual friends. My conversations with Greg over the past couple of years have focused on Greg's family, who I have been lucky enough to spend time with, and the impact the case was having on his family.

My impression of Greg is as a great husband, great son, a great father, and good, solid friend to many. From a business perspective, Greg was part of the leadership of a complete category within the data storage industry, the storage area network.

The allegations of this case have been surprising to me regarding the implications of Greg's character. In every discussion I have had with Greg, it is clear that Greg possesses a strong character to always attempt to do what is right as a husband, as a father, and in business.

Based on the facts presented during this case, it is tough for me to understand who the actual Victims are. It feels to me that the people receiving the greatest negative impact art Greg and his family. Respectfully, I ask that as you consider the sentencing in this case, that compassion to the impact to Greg and his family is a strong considering factor.

Gregory Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment